Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thavalai dosai


Hi all, Thavalai dosai is full of protein because All the dhals are used here...it is a very authentic recipe and very tasty dish..my moms  special dish..i learnt this from her and it is very favorite for me and my daughter
Ingredients
1 cup Channa dhal, urad dhal, toor dhal (all together)
1 cup Raw rice
1 tsp Asafoetida powder
1 tsp Fenugreek
2 tsp Ginger (chopped)
3 nos Greenchillies (finely chopped )
1 cup Thick curd (beat nicely)
Salt to taste
Oil (for shallow frying)
Instructions
Grind channa dhal, urad dhal, toor dhal separately and raw rice, fenugreek in to coarse powder
Add ginger , green chillies,asafoedita and salt to this powder
mix nicely, add the curd and pour little water to make it to dosa batter consistency.
Allow it to ferment for more than 4 hours.
This dosai has to be shallow fried. we can use thick kadai or dosa pan with little curve in center and thick bottem .
Pour oil in pan, pour batter in centre spread it evenly and close the pan with a lid.
Allow it to cook for 5 min.
Remove the lid and turn the dosa and allow to cook for 2 min.
Remove the dosa and serve it hot with idli podi or pickle.

4 comments:

Roochi said...

Nice recipe... we call this paruppu dosai at my home in blore. when i once said i wd make paruppu dosai my husband who is from chn said oh Thavalai Dosai - I got a little offended that he was making fun of me. Terminology differs but the recipe is same.

DEESHA said...

thatz a new recipe .. looks yumm

Happy cook said...

I have neve rhad this, it looks really healthy as you mantioned them.

Anonymous said...

My mum is also preparing this recipe once in a month. Tasty food.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...