Monday, November 3, 2008

Bajra and Rice flour Puttu

Puttu is a nice recipe i have ever seen. it is rich and healthy recipe too. For the challenge event by Veda Murthy I made this recipe specially. i used bajra flour with rice flour. I hope i dint cross her conditions. it tasted differently. I have to thank my friend Nadia for helping me out with this recipe.



Ingrediants
¾ cup rice flour
¼ cup bajra flour
1 cup water with salt
2tbsp coconut (grated)
Instructions

Mix both the flour well and Sprikle water little by little and mix the flour so that the salt gets mixed well.
Sprinkle water and mix well till it becomes bread crumbs consistency and stiff.
Take puttu maker and first add 3tsp coconut and 3 tbsp puttu mavvu (mixed flour). fill it as three layers. in the puttu maker. (coconut first and flour next)
Keep water in the bottem vessal of puttu maker and steam the puttu till the steam comes out thro the lid.
Remove the puttu and serve hot with Kadal curry or Green gram curry(veg). Non veg side dish is chicken gravy.
Sending this recipe to Challenge event by veda murthy
Sending this recipe to srivalli's Rice mela

My entries in Rice mela till now
  1. Hyderabadi biriyani
  2. Vegetable Masala Bath
  3. Vegetable Birinji
  4. Thengai paal rice /thengai chorru
  5. Festive Biriyani
  6. Paal Paniyaram
  7. Paal payasam

15 comments:

ranji said...

wow!!love puttu..my all time fav....especially puttu and kadla!!

kamala said...

My fav snack..U reminded me Divya..Long time since it is made at home..

anudivya said...

I so miss my puttu maker (I broke it) :(
Your looks so good!

raaji said...

this looks new to me.....even the vessel u used looks new.....sounds real healthy....

veda murthy said...

Fantastic divya!thank u so much for the entry.

its really good!


Veda

viji said...

Good work divya,very healthy recipe

Madhu said...

Bajra puttu, thats innovative, healthy one.

Lakshmi Venkatesh said...

bajra puttu a healthy version. nice.

Priya said...

This is wonderful Divya...i miss my puttu maker..healthy they r...

Bhawana said...

cooool. a new thing for me :). I dint know abt such recipe. absolutely perfect n healthy recipe.

Divya.M said...

Thank u all...for ur encouragement.

Roopa said...

Lovely puttu, never thought about adding bajra:)

rekhas kitchen said...

hey good one yaar i have some bajara flour will try this sure

Divya Kudua said...

Ask any mallu their fave breakfast and majority of them will say puttu-kadala..!!I am no different..;-)Puttu with bajra flour is something new!!

Medhaa said...

this is so new to me, looks great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...