Sunday, November 30, 2008

Recipe Marathon # 2 - 30th day -Rawa Laddu

Today is the final day of Recipe marathon 30th day..Happy running with all of u..... we all together planned for a sweet. I served gulab jamun yesterday and today also im ready to serve Rawa laddu for all.. I learned this recipe from my mom she do it very often ..... here is rawa laddu recipe for all...
Rawa laddu is a authentic recipe from Tamil nadu..... my mom used to prepare for occasions like diwali ,karthigai and so on.....i love this laddu and my hubby asked me to prepare specially yesterday....im posting it today :)
Ingredients
1 cup Rawa (roast and powdered)
1 ½ cup Powdered sugar
2 T Coconut (grated)
¼ cup Ghee (increase or decrease accordingly)
½ tsp cardomen powder (optional)
3tbsp Cashewnut (roasted in ghee)
Instructions
Roast Rawa in a pan with out oil. until they turns little brown colour ...keep aside n let them cool...
Grind sugar in to powder and add Cardomen powder. Grind Rawa in to fine powder.
Take a bowl add the powdered sugar in it. and Rawa and the scraped coconut
Heat 50grams/ (¼ cup) of ghee ,add them to the Rawa and sugar powder little by little and mix everything well.
Make them as balls immediately otherwise it will be hard and it is very difficult to make balls. If it is difficult u can touch ghee or oil in your hand and try making balls.
Make balls out of it and store it in air tight container.
Rawa Laddu is ready to taste.
Sending this recipe to EFM- Sweets

6 comments:

SriLekha said...

wow! my mom makes this laddu for me during my childhood! looking so nice!
u tempted me to prepare and eat it!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow looks yum yum and yum.

Maya said...

I love rava laddus! Thanks for the recipe.

Ramya said...

A real Delish.... Congrats on running the marathon successfully....

Madhu said...

Rava laddu looks awesome, nice sweet dish to end the RM, like you gulb jamum too looks tempting. Best wishes on your Anniversary.

sowmya said...

they look awesome..very tempting..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...