Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ghee Rice/ Neyyi choru

Ghee rice is simple recipe which I used to prepare for lunch in Sunday‘s with spicy gravy. I learnt this recipe from my friend in baku. I used to prepare this rice with curd or coconut milk. When I heard of preparing with only water I was happy because it is not very heavy for lunch very light dish. Who ever is cautious about the health and fitness can have this rice instead of heavy ones. Have a look



Ingredients
1 cup Raw rice (preferably Basmati)
2no cloves
1no Bayleaf
1inch Cinnamon small
2no Cardomen
1tbsp Perunjeeragam/ Aniseeds/sombu
2tsp Ghee
2tbsp Oil
1no Onion (Cut lengthwise finely)
Few curry leaves
3cup Water
Instructions
Wash and soak the rice in water.
Heat oil & ghee in heavy bottom pan.

Splutter spices and add curry leaves, then Onion.
Fry till golden brown. Add water.
When water starts boiling Add the rice.

Then add salt. Pre heat the oven in 160 degree.

When the rice is half cooked and keep in dum in oven for 10 min
Remove from oven and mix well.
Serve hot with Egg thokku, chicken gravy or chicken thokku.
Sending this recipe to FIC - White










5 comments:

Happy cook said...

Ghee rice look yumm.

Aruna said...

Hi Divya! ghee rice looks very good! BTW, did u live in T.Nagar and were Praveena's friend? Remember me? Aruna from k.k.nagar - praveena's friend too. If not, plz ignore :)

Vanamala said...

Looks yummmy

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow makes me drool. Hot and spicy ghee rice perfect for the weather here. Thank you for sending it down to FIC.

Sanghi said...

I'v made ghee rice so many times. This dish is perfect and looks delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...