Saturday, February 14, 2009

Paruppu Thuvayal

Toor dhal Thuvayal…..very tasty side dish…. Nice combo for pepper rasam, Vatral kuzhambu…. This is our style…..have a look….this is also my moms recipe…..

Ingredients

2cup Toor dhal

2tsp pepper seeds

2tbsp Coconut (can increase according to taste)

A pinch Asafoetida

Salt

2tbsp oil

Instructions

Heat oil in kadai.

Add toor dhal, asafetida and pepper,

Fry till golden brown. Add salt and coconut. Grind it in to Fine paste.

Serve it as a side dish.

8 comments:

Priya said...

Paruppu thuvaiyal, my all time favourite, looks superb Divya..

sowmya said...

i love it..and usually make as a sidedish for rasam..yours looks yumm

Akal's Saappadu said...

new for me; sounds so good; reminds me of thovayals with lemon rice, kattu sore etc..
should try it!

Lakshmi Venkatesh said...

paruppu thovaiyal, my hubby likes it very much. good combo for kara kuzhambu.

Malar Gandhi said...

Thoor dal thuvaiyal sounds so nice to me...tastes good with plain rasam rice.

Anonymous said...

I love paruppu thogayal....with puli/vathal/paruppu urundai/kaara kuzhambu.....

You are great in cooking yaa...Hats off...I must say ur version of Chow chow kuttu semaya irukku divi. I usually grind with green chilli...will try ur version soon.

Take care divi - cappuccino

Happy cook said...

I have never had this, it loks like a chutney.

Sanghi said...

Mmm perfect paruppu thogayal priya! i love to have this with curd rice, even my dad's favourite!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...