Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Potato Varuval / Potato chips

Today after a long time got time to make chips. This is actually a slow process making , where we have to sit / slice/ dry/ and  fry the potato. But one day if we get time like this for 3 days we have a side dish. By watching  t.v  I sliced the potatoes and  slowly I made this potatoe chips. Now I have a box full of chips. Just want to share this experience of making it.
 Ingredients
5no Potato (medium size)
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
Oil for deep frying
Method
Peel the potato skin with peeler and slice it in thin / round shape using a slicer.

Dry the potatoes in a tissue paper to remove moisture from the potatos. Keep the potato slice in center and press it with tissue paper on both the sides . 

Heat oil. Deep fry the slices till golden brown. While deep frying keep it in medium flame.

Remove from oil.  Sprinkle salt and red chili powder and mix.

Serve it with Sambar rice /tomato bath/ tamarind rice.

12 comments:

Pavithra said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm I am not going to say anything.. Just wishing if that plate is before me in real.

aipi said...

Yum..crunchy- crispy..perfect to munch on!


US Masala

Priti said...

Wow ....yum yum...can I have that plate?

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious chips looks wonderful

divya said...

Wow...Yumm, very tempting and mouthwatering ... can u pass to me right now...

Priya said...

Yumm, crispy chips asking me to munch some..

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

Wow my fav,Luks perfect and loved ur grater,luks very nice...

Harika's Kitchen said...

Hmmmm i love that looks crispy, crunchy and fantastic. Really they r perfect. Enjoy.

Priya's Feast said...

Wow..Its my fav... :) Awesome chips,divya...

Sunanda said...

Potato Chips looks crispy and yummy.. Perfect for evening snacks..

Divya.M said...

thanks all

Archana said...

I wish I was at your place till these chips are over. Love this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...