Saturday, February 19, 2011

Roasted Gram murrukku / Pottukadalai Murukku

I mostly love to do such recipe. I used to watch my mom when she does lot of varieties in snacks. Here I just taught of doing something for my daughter today.  These ingredients are always available at home. I Just gave a try.
My mom used to say butter gives a good shape for murukku , seedai, etc  …….  I even  had butter also at home. So why cant give a try for murruku recipe.
Today  I can make my husband  happy  when he  watch  world cup……in t.v….. :) 


Ingredients
Rice Flour – 5 cup
Sesame seeds / Yellu In tamil- 4tsp
Roasted gram flour – 1 ½  cup ( pottu kadalai podi)
Butter  - 2 tsp
Asafoetida – 2 pinch
Salt to taste.
Oil for deep frying
Method
Add all the ingredients in the wide mouth bowl. Mix butter well with the flour. Sprinkle water little by little and mix the flour. 

Mean while heat the oil. Keep it in medium flame.

Make a dough. Put the dough inside the murukku maker and make muruku in dosa laddle or any laddle which is comfortable for u and add it to the oil. 

This method is for making small murukku. Mostly this process takes more time. Because u will be cautious about the shape.

I mostly like the random method. Easy to do.  Make murukku directly in to oil. Fry till golden brown and remove from oil. Wait til it cool then only u will get the crispyness.  Kids wil love this taste

5 comments:

Harika's Kitchen said...

Crispy and crunchy loved that my hubby likes these kind of snack should try this.

Sunanda said...

Murrukku is my all time favorite.. I was searching this recipe. thnx for sharing..

divya said...

Wow...very crispy and crunchy!looks awesome...

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks crispy and delicious :)

Archana said...

looks delicious. Will make them sooon. for i love them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...