Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Akkaravadisal

Today Day 7 # Blogger Marathon by Srivalli. So Planned to end the marathon with a sweet. here we go.....Akkaravadisal is a traditional dish. It is prepared in special occasions like marriage or festivals. My mother is an expert in making such dishes. I like jaggery very much and the blend of jaggery , milk , rice and moong dhal, tastes yummmm…..here is an iyengar’s special Akkaravadisal….

Ingredients
Rice 1cup
Moong dhal 1/4cup
Milk 7cup
Jaggery  1 ¼ cup
Ghee 1 cup
Cashew nuts few
Kismis few
Cardomen powder 2 tsp
Method
In a heavy bottom pan, take rice, dhal and milk. Keep in low flame and start cooking. Stir occasionally. It will surely takes long time to cook rice and dhal in sim.
When the rice and dhal is cooked well. Add jaggery to it. Mix well. Add cardomen powder .Keep in sim for another 10 min. Then in a separate pan, heat ghee and fry cashew nut and kismis.

Add to it. Serve hot or cold. I love it in anyform.

Check out the 11 bloggers doing the Marathon along with me..
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Gayathri Kumar
Kids Friendly: PJ, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Veena Aravind
Rice Varieties: Champa, me, Padma

Im sending this to gayathiri kumar event :                                           Walking Through The Memory Lane

19 comments:

Priya said...

Its has been ages i had this delicious dish, Awesome clicks Divya..

Champa said...

My mom roasts the rice and dal before cooking. Apart from that, the recipe is the same. Looks so rich and good.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Wow! Looks so inviting. Thank you so much for sending..

Jay said...

Mmmm...this is my fav. Haven t tried by myself..now happy I found out this perfect recipe..thanks dear for sharing..
Tasty appetite

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

Yummy ! Luks delicious...

Gayathri Anand said...

Akaravadisal Looks yummy ..recently I came to know of this dish and tried making it ...yours is tempting me ...and I think you got confused with both Gayathri's ...You are sending ur recipe to event hosted by Gayathri Kumar ...May your wish come true and let we also organise an event soon ...

ila said...

Yummy and delicious :)

Archana said...

This is new to me but I love it. Great pics.

Deepa Praveen said...

one of my fvrt dish..nice presentation...love it

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Looks yummy...

FunWidFud

Padma said...

WOW Looks so tempting. Very nice presentation. Love traditional sweets.

Smitha said...

it looks awesome..i alos love the taste of jaggery with milk...too good!
Smitha
Smitha's Spicy Flavors

savitha ramesh said...

creamy akkara vadisil.loving ur rice.

divya said...

wow...thats tempting n appetizing..

aipi said...

Very new but totally loving the recipe :)


US Masala

VeenaAravind said...

For a sweet tooth like what can be more tempting than this..divya..My son would drool had he seen this..:)

Usha said...

Looks heavenly!

Now Serving said...

SUPERB looking vadisal! Nice going, Divya ...

PriyaVaasu said...

Delicious!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...