Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mango Ginger Pickle

Mango ginger is a favorite pickle for me. I used to have it in bagala bath (seasoned curd rice.) lovely taste and aroma it has,  my mother used to prepare a pickle in this ginger and I love it . When I saw mango ginger in hypermarket here in khobar. I got this idea to make pickle and asked her for the recipe . I bought 300gms of this ginger and got a ½ bottle pickle. We can store this pickle in refrigerator.....pickle making is a process which makes us to maintain our patience and improves concentration in making a dish cos taste of pickle matters all... ......so  here we go to the recipe.... …..

Ingredients
Mango ginger 300gms (peel and cut in to small pieces)
Red chilli powder 1 ½ tbsp
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Fenugreek powder 2tsp
Salt to taste
Asafetida 1 tsp
Tamarind juice ¼ cup
Gingerlly oil ¼ cup
Mustard  seeds 1tsp
Method
Peel and cut the mango ginger in to fine pieces. Heat a hard bottom frying pan and add mustard seeds and asafetida. Now add the cut mango ginger. Fry well for 2 min. Now add turmeric powder , red chilli powder and salt. Fry for 2min. 
Add the tamarind juice and mix well. Leave in sim for 4-5min. fry well. At last add fenugreek powder. Mix well. Keep in flame for another 2min. then switch off….

Serve it with curd rice…..yummy pickle is ready….

im sending this to 

12 comments:

Priya said...

Slurp, mouthwatering here, konjam yeduthukalama Divya..

Ila said...

yummy yummy :)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Oh dear...awesome pickle...mouthwatering..

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks yummy...
this combo sounds new to me..
Thx. for sharing :)

sojo said...

ooooo....pickle looks lovely!!!! pls accept an award from my blog

Smita said...

Picture is looking ...perfect... pickle looks awesome!!

divya said...

wat a fantastic pickle...sounds delicious..

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

Lovely pickle !!! looks so delicious !!

Sanctified Spaces said...

Oh my favourite pickle

Valarmathy Siva said...

Wow looks Tangy and yumm..

I am here for first time, happy following you..

Do visit me @
http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

Gayathri Kumar said...

Pickle is so inviting. Thanks for sending.

Sathya Sankar said...

Mouthwatering pickle, looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...