Friday, April 29, 2011

Dates and Honey Milk Shake

I am happy to post my 200th post from Saudi. So I want to share this wonderful Milk shake with all my friends.
                        Saudi Arabia is a home land of palm trees and dates. Here we can see fresh ripe dates. When I went for shopping this week. I saw ripe dates in the market and I used to love it as such. I bought one full box of it and I planned to make a Milk shake.  Many of them love dates shake. Many times I used to think of preparing some thing new than our usual shakes like mango, sapota  and even papaya.  Then I tried this and it turned out yummy. I felt really happy when I had it.
                         Dates itself is sweeter than sugar. So I avoided sugar, and added honey instead. By adding ice cream I make the shake a little creamier and tastier. My daughter enjoyed dates shake, she was the person who asked me to keep the dates in the side of the glass while I was taking a pic.
                         I used low fat milk for me, and prepared it with out ice cream. Cos weight conscious . So if you are weight conscious substitute all the ingredients which is having  low fat .Lovely dates and its rich taste.Try it out  u will really enjoy.

Ingredients
Dates – 10 or 12 no (depends on the sweetness)
Almond – 7no
Full Fat fresh Milk – 1 ½ cup ( boiled and chilled)
Honey – 3tsp
Sugar – Add if needed.(optional)
Vanilla Icecream – 1½ Scoop
Method
Remove the seeds from the dates and  chop it finely. Take a blender add the dates, almonds blend it in high speed, u will get little coarse powder of it and add ½ cup of milk,Make a smooth paste. Then add the ice cream and rest of the milk with honey.  
If u need more sweetness add sugar according to taste. Here the dates itself is sweet and we r adding honey for more taste. Blend it in pulse mode.  Serve chilled . As we r adding vanilla ice cream it will be more tastier and the kids will love it.
 
I am Sending this recipe to the event  Fun in Sun by Radhika of tickling Palate

12 comments:

Kurinji said...

Congrats on ur 200th post Divya! Can u send this to HRH-Healthy summer event. Kurinjikathambam, Event : HRH-Healthy Summer

Raji said...

Congrats on achieving this milestone divya...that one power packed shake...i make it too minus the ice cream...delicious.

Priya said...

Congrats Divya on ur 200th post, keep rocking gal..

Quite an energy booster, shake looks marvellous..

Prathibha said...

congrats on 200th post..lovely milk shake..

savitha ramesh said...

a perfect healthy drink.

Sunanda said...

Congrats on your 200th post..milkshake looks healthy and refreshing..

Rani acharyulu said...

Congrats on your 200th post.Helathy Dates milk shake looks delicious.

divya said...

Yum yum...looks delicious...Congrats..

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

Congrats on ur 200th post. Milkshake looks so refreshing and delicious !!

kaveri said...

Yum Yum...delicious milk shake...quick and easy too..you have a lovely space...glad to follow you

Vardhini said...

First time here. Lovely space. Healthy milkshake with almonds and dates. Drop by my blog when you get a chance. Following you ..

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Looks super delicious, this is one of my favorite milk shakes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...