Thursday, April 7, 2011

Egg Masala Puff

Every day evening snack is a big problem for many people including me. One fine day I got an idea of making puffs , my hubby is a fan of egg puffs, he liked my version too and I remembered the shape of the puff which is different from our regular puffs here i have used square shape . I made two varieties on that day egg puffs and mixed vegetable puff, which my little angel loved it . I can say with the puff pastry im experimenting many things…and some how I make things success too….:) my pictures will be little dark today cos i took it in the night, less of light.

Ingredients
Puff pastry sheet 2 no (cut in square size) will get 4 squares
Butter for greasing
Baking sheet 1no
Masala
Boiled Egg 2no (cut in to two half)
Onion 1no (chopped finely)
Green chilli 1 no big (chopped finely)
Garam masala powder ½ tsp
Corrainder powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ½ - 1 tsp (according to taste)
Pepper/ jeera /sombu powder 1tsp
Butter 1tsp
Egg white for final brushing 1no
Method
Add butter/ oil in pan. Add onion and chili fry well till the colour change to pink. Now add the red chilli powder and other mentioned spices, fry well. When onion masala leaves oil, add the boiled eggs. Mix well so that the eggs coat well with the masala. Switch off the flame. Allow to cool.
Pre heat the oven to 190 C .Take the square puff pastry. Keep it in the greased baking sheet, fill one half of the egg with little masala close all the four corners and brush the top with little egg white. Make other three puff pastry in the same way. Arrange it in the baking tray. Keep in the oven for around 15 -20 min. serve hot.

12 comments:

Priti said...

I love ur snack posts ..just to drool..this looks so yum ..reminds me of chennai

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

I too love egg puffs dear,pls pass it here...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

egg puffs looks divine....very nice snack

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

wow very tempting and delicious egg puffs !!

Valar Siva said...

Love egg puffs!!! looks yummy...

valar
http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

Smitha said...

Hey this is exactly the same way I make my egg puffs...I like the spicy onion beneath the egg!....too yum!!
I haven't gotten a chance to post mine yet tho!..:)
Smitha
Smitha's Spicy Flavors

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Super yummy puffs...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Egg Puff looks to be so crispy and delicious. Awesome snack.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Smita said...

lovely puffs Divya...... all your snack recipes are irresistable :)

Sathya Sankar said...

Egg puffs looks yum, love the filling!

www.appetitetreats.com

Priya said...

Very tempting puffs, my fav..

Vimitha Anand said...

Looks so very yummy and crispy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...