Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pepper Crakers / Pepper chips

2nd Day of Blogger Marathon by Sri Valli...Here is my Daughters 2nd favorite snack....Pepper Crackers..I wanted to try this crackers long back when i was in chennai..... Yesterday I got time to do this. It is very simple and only the kneading and spreading part will be tedious. But we will enjoy that also.  We can store this crackers for  a week and enjoy with tea. Yesterday I made this both the ways, baking and deep frying. Both were success and my daughter loved it, even me too. I had a very good time with her making this, while kneading we played hand ball and while shaping , she shaped few crackers and said she did everything…..fun….:)
Ingredients
Maida 1 cup
Butter 3 tbsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Pepper powder 2 ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Method
Sieve the maida with baking powder and salt. Add pepper powder and butter mix well with the fingers. Then add water little by little and knead the dough well. Keep aside for 5 min.

Then divide the dough in to 4 parts and spread the dough like chapatis  and cut it in square or diamond shape.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 C . arrange the square or diamond pieces in the greased baking sheet and bake for 15min or till golden brown. Cool it. Serve with tea.
I even deep fried the diamond or square cuts , it was crispy and crunchy. Kids will love that also…..

Check out my Blogging Marathoners doing BM#4 hosted by Srivalli
Diabetes Diet/Management: PJ  
Kid Friendly Recipes: Suma, Priya Suresh, me
Seven Days of Soup:Ila, Smita P 
Seven Days of Indian Bread: Monika,
Seven Days of Cakes:  Bhagyashri
30 Minutes Meals: Archana  
Seven days of Condiment: Kamalika, Srivalli

18 comments:

Raji said...

These crackers look really good...would taste great with a cup of tea.

Srivalli said...

I love this too Divya..looks great..

Priya said...

If i make them i wont stop munching them surely,very addictive crackers...both version looks prefect Divya..

harini-jaya said...

I make these for my kids of course without the pepper and baking powder and how much ever I make they will be finished off in a day :)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Divya,
I have this in my draft too :-) like them as they as very light.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Archana said...

Look great. Must try.

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

wow crackers look so wonderful and delicious !!

Smita said...

Nice recipes for kids... Lovely diamonds.

I have shared an award with you. please collect it from my blog

Reshmi Mahesh said...

crispy crunchy crackers...great with tea....

Sanjeeta kk said...

Good that you bake them as well..lovely and crispy crackers!

Harika's Kitchen said...

Lovely crackers looks yummy.They r amazing. There r awards waiting 4 in my blog pls feel free to collect them.

PJ said...

Looks tempting. I agree with Priya, I won't stop eating them!The recipe is so simple.Bookmarked

Ila said...

yummy and drooling :)

Sin-A-Mon (Monika) said...

lovely must try it too

Sathya Sankar said...

Pepper crackers looks crunchy and yum, perfect snack!

www.appetitetreats.com

divya said...

Wow it looks sooo tempting .. feel like having it right now :)

Archana Vivek said...

Lovely recipe. Must try it out..

Suma Gandlur said...

They look yummy though I am partial towards the sweeter version.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...