Sunday, April 24, 2011

Radish Poriyal/Mullangi Poriyal

Radish is one of my favorite vegetable. I used to prepare sambar and kootu with radish, I want to try out poriyal also. I remember in my mom in laws place she prepared this poriyal once for sambar, I wanted to try out my self here so I tried it, it turned out good and I had it with vatthal kuzhambu. It is a nice combo with hot dishes. Very healthy too. here we go for the recipe.

Ingredients
Radish – 2 no (grated)
Onion – 1no (chopped finely)
Green chili – 1no (minced finely)
Jeera – ½  tsp
Mustard – ½ tsp
Jeera/sombu powder – ½ tsp
Red chili powder- ½ tsp or according to taste
Salt to taste
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Oil for seasoning
Method
Peel the outer skin of radish and make even slits with the knife and grate it finely or cut it finely. As shown. 
Heat oil in a pan, Splutter jeera and mustard.  Add onion and green chilli, fry well . Then add raddish, sombu jeera powder, red chili powder and salt. Sprinkle some water, close the lid. Cook for few min.
Then open the lid. Mix well. Atlast add coconut. Mix well. Serve it with puli kuzhambu/ vatthal kuzhambu  or sambar rice.

6 comments:

Raji said...

For me the use of mullangi has been limited to saambar and paratha, but this recipe sounds good Divya...looks so appetising.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Looks delicious...

Aruna Manikandan said...

Haven't tried poriyal so far...
will soon give a try.
looks healthy and delicious dear :)

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

simple and healthy !!

divya said...

Very tempting and mouthwatering fry....

Priya said...

Love this radish poriyal, serve it with rasam i can finish that bowl immediately..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...