Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomato Masala Sandwich/ Tomato Thokku Sandwich

Tomato masala sandwich is my mother’s recipe. Whenever I ask for toast she used to prepare it for me when I was in school and even my school friends like it. Now my turn for preparing lunch box. Twice I have packed this sandwich and she loves it. She even eat that thokku just like that. We can even mix the thokku with rice also……. So here is my favorite recipe of my school days….. 

Ingredients

Bread slices 4 no

stuffing’s

Tomato 2no (chopped finely)

Onion 1no (chopped finely)

Green chilli 1no

Red chilli powder 1tsp

Curry powder 1tsp

Turmeric powder 1 tsp

Garam masala ½ tsp

Salt to taste

Coriander leaves few

Jeera ½ tsp

Method

For stuffing

Take a pan, add oil for seasoning. Add jeera fry for few min and now add onion, garam masala and fry till golden brown. Now add tomato saute for some time till it get mashed, add all the spices with salt. Allow the mixture to cook till the oil leaves the whole gravy, add coriander leaves, mix well. It will be like a pickle.

Now take one slice of bread , spread the masala on one side. Then place another slice on top and toast or grill it serve hot….kids will love it…..


Im sending this recipe to Srivalli's kids delight  guest hosted by Priya Mahadevan

9 comments:

Priti said...

Yum ...not only kids even I love these :D ...

Priya said...

Yumm, feel like having a bite, delicious..

Archana said...

lovely. Would like try these out now.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Great snack for tea...yumm...Loved the stuffing

Ila said...

yummy and tempting :)

savitha ramesh said...

Delicious and mouth watering sandwitch.looking great.

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

yummy and delicious sandwich !!

Harika's Kitchen said...

Lovely sandwich .

Valar Siva said...

Mouth-watering!! looks delicious..

valar
http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...