Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aloo Masala| Poori Masal | Poori Masala| Version - 1

Today is the 2nd day of Blogger Marathon# 5 by Sri valli. Today’s recipe is favorite one for all of us, Poori masal. Im addicted to this potato masal which is given in Saravana bhavan, Chennai. There are 2 types of Masala , this version I learnt it from my mom and the other version from my MIL.
               The topic which I chosen for this marathon is curry in a hurry and this recipe can be prepared really in a hurry and it takes only 15 – 20 min. My mom even prepares this masala without onion. That will also be good as we are adding ginger and green chili. This is an easier and tastier side dish for poori. The best and easiest tiffen item which I can make it with in 30min is poori and masala. This is one of the favorite Tiffin of my family. Happy to post this recipe today. Here we go on to the recipe.

Ingredients
Potato – 2no big
Green chilli – ½ tsp (minced)
Ginger – ½ tsp (grated)
Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – hand full (chopped)
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Channa dhal – 2tsp
Urad dhal – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for seasoning
Method
Boil the potatoes well, peel of the skin and take it in a wide bowl. Mash the potatoes with little ginger , green chili and salt. Keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan; splutter mustard, urad dhal, and channa dhal. Fry till channa dhal turns little brown in color. Then add onion, turmeric powder, curry leaves , rest of the green chili and ginger. Fry well. Add the potatoes and add little water. Mix well. Check for the salt. When everything mix  together. Remove from fire. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with poori. Enjoy.

Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me   

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, me, Jayashree, Jayasree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:GayathriPriya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals:Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Cool Lassi(e), Harini,Vaishali ,Suma 
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special:Kalyani
Summer Coolers:Kamalika, Srivalli

                            

27 comments:

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Classic combo! Wonderfully clicked,looks so perfect Divya!

sowmya's creative saga said...

always a favourite..can have it everyday if not for the calories..

Priti said...

Love this combo and looks so gud ...that platter is yum ..

Aarthi said...

i love this dish

kaveri said...

An evergreen breakfast item...looks delicious

jeyashrisuresh said...

delicious combo and ur making me drool with ur tempting clicks

Prathibha said...

I just love this combo n can have it anytime of d day..looks yumm

Priya said...

Wonderful combo, never say no to pooris and potato masala, makes me hungry..

Vardhini said...

Perfect .. I dont make pooris often because for the most part I end up with soggy ones.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Ambreen said...

I love this and your picture makes me so hungry. Perfect with pooris :)

jayasree said...

Can anyone refuse that platter of aloo puri...Can have any time of the day. Tempting clicks.

Sunanda said...

Perfect combo for special breakfast..

Sunanda's Kitchen

Gayathri Kumar said...

This is my daughter's fav combination. Looks so inviting..

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

Wow perfect combo,always tempting pa...luks delicious.

Kamalika said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE POORI ..

I wanted to empahise that i love poori that is why you see it in All caps..

This is gonna be brekky at home tomorrow.

harini-jaya said...

This is the classic combo and its a delight to Alu lovers at home and elsewhere.

Pavani said...

My mouth started watering the minute I saw your title. Aloo curry looks AWESOME and with pooris I'm sure it tasted like HEAVEN..

Jayashree said...

nice clicks.

Suma Gandlur said...

A lovely combo. Pass that platter please. :)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Superb classic recipe...nice clicks...

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

wonderful and delicious poori !! Loved them

divya said...

wow..that looks amazing and tempting...yum yum

sushma said...

My all time fav

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

wonderful platter very tempting !!

Srivalli said...

Lovely combo Divya..looks so inviting..

vaishali sabnani said...

my ...my...this is so very tempting!ofcourse all time fav of many ..lovely clicks..the aaloo looks really mushy and soft!!

Mom Chef said...

love to have it, although my waistline wundt agree ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...