Friday, May 27, 2011

Gobi Manchurian (Dry)| Cauliflower Manchurian | Version 1

Day 5 of Blogger Marathon by Srivalli. Today is weekend for us, so heavy lunch preparation and today I got time to prepare many items, I prepared Egg biriyani for my family and chicken drum stick for the little one. And I got time to prepare fried rice and Gobi Manchurian for me. I have tried various methodologies for preparing this awesome recipe. I mixed and match many versions and finally got my own version.  This is a popular snack recipes.When it is prepared dry it runs very faster with kids. Today im posting the dry version of it. 

     Always I follow this trial method where i try few things myself which wil be a grand success, i know many people do it.we mostly learn this from our mother, hope im right. In my school days in our home science lab I prepared this dish first and after that I prepared once in my moms place. When my daughter started liking  this dish I got some more enthusiasm for preparing Gobi Manchurian. Now im going to post my homescience record version with some difference for preparing Gobi Manchurian. 


Ingredients
Cauliflower florets  – 2cup
Spring onion – 1 bunch (chop finely - greens and white onion separately)
Soya sauce- 1tbsp
Ajinamoto - a pinch
Tomato sauce-2tsp
Green chili sauce – 1tsp
Garlic chopped – 2tsp
Oil for seasoning
For Batter
Maida – ½  cup  
Rice flour-2 tbsp
Corn flour- ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Green chili paste –1 ½ tsp
Ginger paste- 1 ½ tsp
Cooking soda a pinch.
Oil for frying
Method
Wash the florets and put it in hot water for 10min. strain well and keep aside. Prepare the batter and heat oil for frying.
Dip the florets one by one in the batter and deep fry it till golden brown. Strain well and keep in a tissue paper. Deep fry all the florets and keep ready.


Heat oil in another pan for seasoning, Add chopped garlic in oil fry for some time. Add the spring onions, ajinamoto. Cook onion for a min, Now add the sauces given fry well. Add the deep fried florets in to this sauce, toss well. Keep in sim for a min. Serve hot .

Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me 

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Harini, Vaishali, Suma, PJ
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Jayasree, Kamalika, Srivalli

23 comments:

Srivalli said...

It's our favorite too Divya..looks very good..

Divya.M said...

Thanks Valli.

Aarthi said...

love this

Jayashree said...

It's a favourite with us, too....Sounds like you've done a whole lot of cooking today.

Radhika said...

Looks too goos with that sauce coated all over those chunks.

Archana said...

Delicious!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking manchurian flavourful

Archana said...

Delicious Divya!

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

Its my fav !! looks so tempting and mouthwatering !! loved the color !!

harini-jaya said...

except the ajinomoto which I don't use, this one looks very good.

Chitra said...

drooling here...looks very crispy and yummy with a nice coating of those sauces...

Sunanda said...

Manchurian in any version is my favorite..love the color as well..

Sunanda's Kitchen

Priya said...

Very addictive and inviting dry gobi manchurians, tempting..

jayasree said...

Though its time for me to hit the bed, the pics are making me drool. Gorgeous clicks.

Raji said...

Our family fav too...we love it anytime. Gorgeous colour.

Authenticoriyafood said...

Delicious and tempting!!! love the clicks....

Sathya Sankar said...

Crispy and yummy manchurian, love it all time!

Pavani said...

Home science record version of gobhi manchuria looks absolutely divine. Yummy pics too.

Vardhini said...

Looks terrific Divya. I don't do this a lot due to deep frying. Love the color and the pictures.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Gayathri Kumar said...

Very inviting manchurian..

jeyashrisuresh said...

fantastic manchurians ,makes me very tempting.nice bright clicks

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks perfect and tempting dear....
nice clicks :)

Reva said...

This is super delicious .... I loved it... Thanks for sharing..
Reva

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...