Thursday, May 5, 2011

Milagu Jeeraga Rasam / Pepper and jeera rasam

Rasam is a pleasant dish for all of us. Every one knows many kind of rasam like tomato, mysore and goddu rasams. My mom used to prepare pepper and jeera rasam which is hot and very tasty. She makes different kind of rasam and this is a authentic one too, I learnt it from her and this is my favorite rasam too. Last week end I had a plan of preparing thuvayal, and kootu… then I had a taught of preparing this rasam which was a best combination for both of it.Here due to climatic change, little cold, cough and fever for all.. it is a best rasam for cold also...  Here is a refreshing rasam for all, try out something new.

Ingredients
To make powder
Pepper  1 tsp
Toor dhal 2tsp
Jeera seeds 1 tsp
Red chilli (whole) 5 no
Asafoedita 1 tsp
For Seasoning
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
curry leaves few
coriander leaves few
ghee and oil for seasoning
Tamarind lemon sized
salt to taste
Method
Soak tamarind in water and extract juice from it. Add asafetida and curry leaves  in tamarind juice and boil till the raw smell goes.
Dry roast pepper, jeera , toor dhal, red chili and little asafetida  in a pan without oil . Grind it to a fine powder.
When the tamarind extract boils well then add the powder to it. And add 1 cup of water then boil in sim for 5min. Then heat oil/ghee  in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds ,curry leaves and coriander leaves and add it to the rasam.
Serve hot with steamed rice and paruppu thuvayal, paruppu kootu . it is an awesome rasam and who ever likes hot rasam will surely like this.
We can add garlic. dry roast garlic in a pan with 1tsp of oil and add it to the pepper powder before grinding.

17 comments:

Kurinji said...

Perfect for cold. Kurinjikathambam, Event : HRH-Healthy Summer, Roundup : HRH-Puffed Rice

Priya said...

Wat a comforting and prefect rasam to enjoy with some spicy fries..

Reva said...

Out of all the rasam varieties this one is my all time fav... Lovely recipe and beautiful presentation..
Reva

Prathibha said...

I love this n especially when I hv cold r cough,this is a must at my place

Priti said...

I always add cumin n pepper in rasam ...love this way...yours looks so fab

RAKS KITCHEN said...

My favorite comfort food,loved ur click!

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

My fav too,luks so delicious...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Rasam looks awesome! already drooling over it.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Harika's Kitchen said...

Divya i am book marking this recipe. Awesome will try this soon.

Raji said...

Very comforting bowl of rasam...anytime my daughter is not well rasam tops on my menu.

divya said...

Slurp,mouthwatering here..

Vardhini said...

I can have anytime .. love it :)

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Authenticoriyafood said...

What a comforting dish.....its making me drool!!

Sneha Benny said...

First time in your blog. Rasam is one of my comfort food.

Archana said...

New to me. Love it!

sangee vijay said...

very nice comforting food,interesting recipe...first time here,lovely blog :) see u again

Rosy said...

Cant wait to make it and taste it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...