Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pudachi Wadi | Corriander rolls | Indian Cooking Challenge for April

Pudachi Wadi is a Maharashtrian  recipe, Name itself makes us intresting . I have never heard of it till I saw it in Indian cooking challenge by Sri Valli  for the month of April , The recipe owner is Archana of tried and tested recipes. This is my second challenge and I made this at the last moment, I mean yesterday.  It was new to me and love to try it out. First I should say the recipe looked like a lengthy one. But when I started preparing it , it took me hardly 30min and it was easier and tastier too. I made it as a evening snack.  Coriander lovers like me, will surely love it.  Mainly the coating of tamarind paste makes this dish different. It gives a peculiar taste which attracts us.
              Here Khus – Khus is not available so I made it without khus khus. But I have mentioned in the recipe.  Next thing I want to share is shapes. In the main recipe she has given two types of shapes , one is like a rolls and other  was like a triangle. Here I have done it in three shapes, one like a normal rolls as we make for spring rolls and other like mini samosas , and the triangular shapes.  Here we go in to the recipes.


Ingredients
For making dough
Besan flour (kadala Mavu) – ¾ cup
Wheat flour – ¾ cup
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Hot oil – 3tbsp
Salt to taste
For stuffing
Washed / dried / Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 cup
Garlic cloves – 3no (chopped lengthwise finely)
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Sugar – ¾ tsp
Onion – 1no big (finely chopped)
Ginger paste – 1tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2tbsp
Salt to taste
Grind
Grated / roasted coconut – 2tbsp
Khus khus – 1 tbsp
Roasted  Till (yellu) – 1 ½ tbsp
Paste for applying
Tamarind juice (thick) – 2tsp
Oil – 2tsp
Garam masala – 1tsp
Method
For Outer covering
Mix all the ingredients for making the dough and keep aside.
For Stuffing
Coarsely grind the coconut mixture and keep it ready. Mean while in 1 tbsp of oil sauté the onion till soft, add the garlic and ginger paste. Sauté till the raw smell goes and turns golden brown. Switch off the flame and keep aside.  Add the coriander leaves to the Sauted onion with the coconut mixture. Mix well. Add salt, sugar, lime juice and mix well. Keep it ready.
Make the paste mixture by mixing Tamarind , garam masala and oil.
Making of rolls
Make small balls out of the dough. If the dough is little sticky then apply some flour and grease hands.  Take small ball and roll it like a chappathi, apply the tamarind paste in it. then keep the mixture inside. Now fold it in to the desired shaped, by overlapping the chappathi. Press it well and seal the edges.
Roast the rolls in the tawa, first one side and then the other. Keep aside. Then deep fry the rolls before serving.
Serve hot with green chutney or sweet chutney.
 

13 comments:

Vardhini said...

Oh my .. looks so yummy.

I have some awards waiting for you at my blog .. do stop by and collect them.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Priti said...

Looks super yum Divs ....n pics are so tempting

Prathibha said...

Looks super crispy n yummy...nice snack..:)

shriannalakshmi said...

Looks drooling, even Ive made like samosas.

Srivalli said...

Both the shapes look great Divya..as I said you can try these again with poppy seeds when you come here..:)..glad you joined me..

Priya said...

U did too prefect Divya, wadis looks damn pretty and crispy..

Divya.M said...

thanks all...

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

so crispy and perfectly made !!

Sanctified Spaces said...

Lovely rolls.Liked the various pictures of the rolls.

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Your rolls look so gorgeous and perfect! Lovely capture!

divya said...

Looks super crispy n yummy...nice snack..:)

Now Serving said...

Divya, seriously, not fair! I am drooling here over the pictures - wish i could have a plate now :(

Faith said...

These look great -- I love that crispy outside and that filling sounds really flavorful and delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...