Friday, May 6, 2011

Spongy Vanila Cake

I love tea cakes and spongy cakes in bakery. Cant forget its taste and my father used to buy it often for me and my brother. When I saw Srivalli  posting sponge cake , I was very much interested in making it. Immediately I bookmarked the recipe and started collecting the necessary ingredients. Then yesterday I got time to make it.  With in a hour I prepared this cake.  I was very happy that it turned out really well and cake was really spongy and tasty.

                        I followed each and every step  which was given in vallis recipe and it turned out perfect . Im happy to post it in my blog too…Thanks valli for this wonderful recipe , I leanrt a lot in mixing and baking also .My family enjoyed the cake and loved it very much.

Ingredients
All purpose flour  2cup
Icing sugar 2cup
Baking  powder   2tsp
Salt to taste
Butter  1 ½  cup
Egg white  4no
Vanilla essence  1 tsp
Method
Sieve the flour  along with baking powder, salt in a bowl and keep aside.  Separate the egg whites and Beat well till it is foamy. Get the butter to room temperature and beat well using a spatula until it turns really soft. After the butter become soft , add the icing sugar and continue beating it , till you see the butter turning soft.  When u see the butter turning soft,  add half of the egg whites. Mix everything well slowly. Now take a cake making tin, Grease it with butter and dust it with flour.

Now, add the flour and gently fold it in one direction.  Add the rest of the egg white mixture. At last add the remaining flour. Slowly fold everything together.
Pre-heat the oven at 190 degree C.  Pour the batter into greased cake tin. Bake for about 30 – 35 min minutes till cake is done.  We can use a knife to check whether the cake is done by inserting it in the center, the knife should come out clean. Invert the pan and cool it for some time .
Remove the cake from the pan once it is cooled Slice it into small pieces. Serve it with tea.

19 comments:

Prathibha said...

fluffy n moist...looks yumm

♥LOVE2COOK♥ said...

The cake looks super spongy and delicious!!! :D

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I too posted a cake recipe today:-)
Your's looking so soft and love the upper soft crust of the cake

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

kaveri said...

cake looks very soft and spongy...delicious...

kaveri said...

cake looks very soft and spongy

kaveri said...

cake looks super soft and spongy

Kurinji said...

So soft and mouthwatering cake.

Archana said...

Perfect.

Harika's Kitchen said...

very spongy and soft cake loved it.

Jay said...

ohhh my goodnes...this looks suuuuuuuper soft n moist..
Tasty Appetite

divya said...

wow.. i am drooling here.looks so good..

Raji said...

The cake looks super moist and yum with beautiful colour as well.

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

So Perfect dear,luks very so soft and yum...

Vardhini said...

Cake looks moist and yummy ..

Vardhini
Vardhiniskitchen

Srivalli said...

Glad you liked the cake..looks perfect

Mehjabeen Arif said...

so crumbly and soft.. just perfect!

New to ur space n Happy to follow u..

Do visit me as time permits..
http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

Priya said...

Cake looks soo spongy and prefect..

Malar Gandhi said...

Beautiful spongy cake,perfect with chai

Ambreen said...

Perfectly baked ... so soft & spongy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...