Saturday, June 4, 2011

Baby Potato Fry | Potato Fry with Onion Paste

Baby potatoes are kids favorite. Whenever I go for shopping I used to search for this baby potatoes. My daughter loves it. I used to buy very tiny potatoes; I make varieties with the baby potatoes. My mom makes best fries with the tiny potatoes.But this recipe is bit different , When I made this I was little bit worried whether my kid will like this or not. But she loved it and it was a great success for me.
           I make usual potato fries with red chilli powder and salt will be a hit always. But with little onion paste and chili paste, it sounds different and it is a remarkable taste , which will last long. Just give it a try.  It goes well with sambar and rasam rice or a best combo with chapattis also. Kids Favorite recipe.

Ingredients
Baby potatoes 300 gms
Onion and green chili paste – 2 ½ tsp (grind together – 1 onion and 1 green chili)
Red chili powder – 1 ½ - 2 tsp (according to taste)
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Method
Pressures cook the baby potatoes. Heat oil in a pan, Splutter mustard seeds and add onion paste. Fry well till the oil is separated. 
Add turmeric and chili powder in oil fry and add the potatoes. Add salt. Mix well. Fry it in sim, till the potatoes become crisp. It will take longer time to become crisp.  But taste matters for all of us.  Enjoy the baby potato fry with chapattis or rice.

18 comments:

Reva said...

That is one super duper delicious potato fry.. I loved every bit of it.. yummy yum..:)
Reva

Priya said...

Seriously u r killing me with ur potato roast, irresisitble!

Priti said...

Looks yum n the new template is very cool ...

Prathima Shivraj said...

Potato roast is awesome, looks inviting..

Prathima Shivraj
http://tastyvantalu.blogspot.com/

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks spicy and delicious dear...
header looks gr8 :)

Divya Kudua said...

My favorite with rotis--I make a very similar version.I bet it tasted yummy!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Excellent looking potato fry dear. Loved the color of it.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Raji said...

Awesome potato roast...definitely kids will love this...well who wouldn't.

SravsCulinaryConcepts said...

so tempting potato fry !! super and delicious !!

Lavanya Selvaraj said...

wow... it looks awesome...

-Lavanya
http://recipecongeries.blogspot.com

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Recipe sounds very new to me and so yummy it looks!

divya said...

Potato roast is awesome, looks inviting..

Ambreen said...

Sounds delicious! Very tempting :)

Vardhini said...

So tempting .. yummy dear.

Vardhini
Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli

Divya Vikram said...

Nice and crispy looking potatoes! Looks appetizing!

Ambreen said...

Hi Divya! I've shared few awards with you. Please accept these :)

Sooji ka Halwa ( Semolina Halva ) & Awards

julie said...

yum yum fry..tempting ones!
first time here,glad to follow you :-)
visit my space when time permits
http://juls-tryntaste.blogspot.com/

cookingvarieties said...

delicious potatoes. i love its spicy flavor
hi diyya, i came to visit you to say congrats for getting the wonderful awards from ambreen.
She gave the awards to me too. You do have a great blog . Have a nice day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...