Monday, July 18, 2011

Oats Upma

Oats porridge is a usual breakfast I used to have always. But when few friends of mine was telling me have something else as a breakfast other than porridge, I remember my mom in law used to do adai with oats and have. I felt like having a upma today for my breakfast, I did this as we do our usual upma only. Many people used to say oats is very sticky and all. So I dry roast the oats first like rawa. It was really nice and tasty. So I got another recipe for my breakfast with oats which is very healthy . Here we go.

Ingredients
Oats – 1 cup
Carrot, beans – ¼ cup
Onion – 1 medium size (chopped finely)
Vegetable masala – 1 tsp
Green chili and ginger – 1tbsp (together)
Oil – ( I used canola oil )-  little for sautéing
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves and curry leaves few
Required amount of water – 1 cup
For seasoning
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Urad dhal- ½ tsp
Channa dhal – ½ tsp
Method
Dry roast oats till golden brown and keep aside. Take a pan add oil splutter mustard, urad dhal and channa dhal. Now add onion, green chili and add salt. 
When onion changes it colour add curry leaves , coriander leaves and all vegetables (u can add more vegetables of ur choice). 
Then when the vegetables are done, add the oats and mix well.  Now add little water mix well.  Allow it to cook. Then add rest of the water. See whether the oats is cooked nicely then remove from fire. Chopped coriander leaves for  garnishing and serve hot with pickle of your choice.

8 comments:

Kaveri said...

A very healthy and delicious looking upma

Hamaree Rasoi said...

This is such a nice variation ...And you tip is very useful (to dry roast oats). Looks very tempting
will come back for more bites divya :-)

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Authenticoriyafood said...

Upma looks awesome!!! Lovely way to eat oats!!!

jeyashrisuresh said...

wonderful and healthy upma .a nice twist from the usual poridge

Nithya said...

Super healthy upma :) Guess I will like it :)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Healthy yummy upma...

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

Delicious upma dear,luks very tempting and inviting...

Anonymous said...

Awesome looking upma dear... will surely try the recipie...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...