Thursday, September 1, 2011

Alu Paratha - Blog Hop Wednesday

For blog hoppers Wednesday , I am with PriyaSreeram this successful third week and her beautiful blog is “Bon appetite” and I went thro her blog and it was really interesting  lot of creativity and learnt a lot from her blog. So many recipe attracted me and I was very much attracted with Alu paratha . This is one of my favorite stuffed parathas recipe and my daughter used to love it most. She likes it with tomato sauce.  In her Alu paratha ingredients was as same as I do. I just added garam masala in stuffing which she dint add. For this Wednesday post here we go to ALU PARATHA...

Ingredients
For stuffing
Boiled Potatoes – 1 big
Onions – ¼ cup
Green Chillis – 2 no (if ur kids like)
Coriander Leaves hand full
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder (For the Parathas/Flat Bread)
Garam masalas
For the dough
Wheat Flour 1 cup
Refined Flour (maida) – ½ cup
Water
Little Oil
Method:
For filling
Take a wide mouth bowl and mash the boiled potatoes and mix finely chopped onions, green chili, coriander leaves along with salt, red chilli powder, Garam masala and a pinch of turmeric powder. I also add cumin seeds along with some curry leaves sometimes.
Dough preparation:
Take the wheat flour and Maida with salt and required water in a bowl and knead them well. Add little oil to make it in to fine dough


Paratha preparation :
Now take a small quantity of the dough, make a cup of it and keep stuffing in the centre close the dough  and spread it nicely as usual chappthi using wheat flour to dust it if sticky. Put this spread on the shallow frying pan/ tava and cook it crispier with a few drops of ghee/butter/oil.
 Now the parathas are ready serve it hot with pickle/curd/which ever side dish u like...enjoy

12 comments:

Krithi's Kitchen said...

Love this paratha very much!
Krithi's Kitchen
Event: Serve It - Steamed

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Very delicious and fulfilling Aloo paratha. Wonderfully prepared.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking paratha

jeyashrisuresh said...

nicely made yummy parathas.my fav one

Radhika said...

Linked it Divya. My site had been acting funnily for the past 2-3 days. it is fine now or so I hope. Do check out the link. please Confirm if you could open my site or whether it is being rerouted.

Priya said...

My fav parathas, can have it anytime..

Archana said...

I am hungry now! Delicious parathas.

Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Sanctified Spaces said...

An all time classic. Superb.

Rani acharyulu said...

Delicious and yummy paratha...

divya said...

Delicious paratha..absolutely yummy

Ramya said...

Good one...

Send in your Apple recipes to
ONGOING EVENT: ABC Series - A for Apple

Priya Sreeram said...

thanks for the kind words divya ! and paratha looks good !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...