Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adai - Blog hop wednesday version 2.0

Adai is a protein enriched tiffin variety. Many people prepare it in many ways. I do it in a different manner. This time my partner is Jabeen .When I went thro all the recipe I saw this Adai recipe in jabeen ‘s corner with fenugreek seeds which  twisted my usual preparation and I just took this recipe for our Blog hop Wednesday event ,tried it . Just one addition from my side is coriander leaves. It gives a wonderful taste. Then  I have a small daughter who won't munch adai properly. So I grind onion with the dals itself. It was yummy and tasty. Here is my first blog hop in the year 2012.

Ingredients
Basmati Rice - 1/4 cup
Channa Dhal - 1/2 cup
Toor Dhal - 1/4 cup
Yellow Moong Dhal - 1/4 cup
Urad Dhal - 1/4 cup
Fenugreek Seeds - 1tbsp
Dry Red Chillies - 10 no.
Coriander leaves chopped
Onion - 1 chopped
Salt - as required
Oil for frying adai (Apply both the sides) 
Method
Soak all the ingredients except dried red chiilies and onion and corriander for 5 hours.. 
Grind the soaked rice and dhals together with dry red chillies, onion, little corriander and salt to a smooth paste, a little thicker than our regular dosa batter.
Heat the tava. Like dosa Add 1 laddle batter in the tawa and spread it like dosa. Add little corriander on top of it.. Apply oil on the side and cook well ,then turn over and cook both the sides evenly.

Serve Hot Adai with tomato chutney,coriander chutney, Avial or with pickle .

9 comments:

Priya said...

Healthy and super inviting adais..my fav with spicy coconut chutney.

Archana said...

looks absolutely delicious.

Ramya said...

healthy reccipe

Radhika said...

Perfect breakfast recipe Divya. Love it with chutneys.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Delicious looking adai...

Aarthi said...

YUMMO..Thanks for the recipe..This looks mouthwatering..I have bookmarked it..

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Sravs said...

healthy and wonderful breakfast !!

Ongoing event CC-Chocolate Fest

Santosh Bangar said...

healthy breakfast

Rajani said...

Love this with jaggery and butter. Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...